Everyday

Today, I am Me

January 29, 2013

me_2013

I feel like everyday is a whirlwind.

I wake up. Scurry around in a frenzy. Enjoy peaceful hours during nap time. Then scurry about some more until before I know it my head is on the pillow. Then, the sun comes up and it starts all over again the next day.

My days are 100% focused on family, work and the house. I rarely think about who I am; and who I’ve become.

Today, I thought about me.

me_2013

It was one of those rare moments where I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and noticed that I looked older; not old….but older. Older than I remember looking the last time I took the time to notice. I liked it.

I feel less like a girl and more like a woman. More independent. Stronger. Less awkward. More confident. Less cute. More beautiful.

So, I put on some make-up and decided to document this day.

me_2013

I want to be able to look back someday at pictures of my beautiful self at 26 (and 36, 46, 56, etc) and remember who I was at that point in time.

me_2013

feeling beyond ridiculous about sitting on my couch taking pictures of myself on a Tuesday afternoon.

Nearly all the pictures in our home are of JBird, Mountain Man, or Toby Dog. I’m always the one behind the lens. I don’t want to miss out on mementos of myself.

me_2013

Since this crazy journey of parenthood began, It’s been difficult to keep my identity alive. That’s why days like today are special to me. Just a camera and me (whoever me is at the moment).

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply Susie January 29, 2013 at 7:16 pm

All beautiful! But I LOVE the middle one. So wise of you to document these epiphanies in life.

• Reply thefeelgoodfoodie February 1, 2013 at 11:54 am

Thanks, Susie. I liked the middle on too.

• Reply Jessica January 29, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Absolutely beautiful!

• Reply thefeelgoodfoodie February 1, 2013 at 11:54 am

Thanks, Jess!

• Reply Jodie January 29, 2013 at 7:53 pm

You are indeed beautiful. The girl you were will always live in my heart…but the woman you have become is someone I am so very, very proud of. Our relationship has changed through the years…as it should…and each day I’m so honored that we are family…and that has nothing to do with biology…and everything with the love I feel for you. As you’ve said, too often you are the one behind the lens taking the pictures we all cherish of JBird and Mountain Man…Thank you…for taking the time to share some of you with us today. You are my heart, and I love you dearly…every look…every smile…every thing!

• Reply thefeelgoodfoodie February 1, 2013 at 11:55 am

Oh gee, thanks Mom. Love you too. 🙂

• Reply TF January 30, 2013 at 1:49 pm

You certainly make me proud and blessed to be your Dad. Every time we talk, every word in your blog lets me know that you are keeping the magic alive.It’s not easy all the time but you are doing it.

• Reply thefeelgoodfoodie February 1, 2013 at 11:55 am

Thanks, Dad. Love you too. 🙂

• Reply wendy February 14, 2013 at 1:42 pm

You look very beautiful. Me day’s are very important.